Διαδικτυακό ανοικτό μάθημα: Εισαγωγή στη Φιλοσοφία από το Πανεπιστήμιο του Εδιμβούργου Ιανουαρίου 31, 2013Posted by estasinos in Ψηφιακά ακαδημαϊκά μαθήματα.
Tags: Ανοικτά μαθήματα, Ψηφιακά μαθήματα
Introduction to Philosophy
Massive Open Online Course
Organised by the University of Edinburgh
Monday January 28 – March 11 2013.
Course Website: https://www.coursera.org/course/introphil
The University of Edinburgh will shortly be offering a Massive Open Online Course (a so-called MOOC) in Philosophy. Start date is January 28with registration open until that date.
About the Course
This course will introduce participants to some of the main areas of research in contemporary philosophy. It is taught by members of the philosophy department at the University of Edinburgh. Topics will include:
- Epistemology, where we’ll consider what our knowledge of the world and ourselves consists in, and how we come to have it;
- Philosophy of science, where we’ll investigate foundational conceptual issues in scientific research and practice;
- Philosophy of Mind, where we’ll ask questions about what it means for something to have a mind, and how minds should be understood and explained;
- Moral Philosophy, where we’ll attempt to understand the nature of our moral judgements and reactions – whether they aim at some objective moral truth, or are mere personal or cultural preferences, and;
- Metaphysics, where we’ll think through some fundamental conceptual questions about the nature of reality.
The course will consist of 7 lectures of between 40 minutes and an hour (broken down into videos of between 10 and 15 minutes in length). During some weeks there will be additional readings provided, which will typically take around an hour to work through. Additionally, in some weeks there will be questions to test participants understanding of the material covered in the lectures, which should only take a few minutes to complete.
Registration is free.