Πρόγραμμα μεταπτυχιακών σπουδών και υποτροφίες του Παν/μίου του Southampton Ιανουαρίου 24, 2012Posted by estasinos in Μεταπτυχιακά, Μεταπτυχιακά, Προγράμματα σπουδών, Υποτροφίες.
Applications are invited for the Postgraduate Philosophy programmes at the University of Southampton. Apply by 24 February 2012 to be considered for funded places (for details see below):
(1) Research degrees: MPhil/PhD.
Our staff have a wide range of research interests and there is considerable overlap between them, making for a lively and productive research environment.
Our main overlapping areas of research interest in Philosophy at Southampton include:
* 19th and early 20th century European philosophy
* Analytic aesthetics and the history of aesthetics
* Early modern and modern philosophy
* Ethics and practical reason
* Philosophy of mind, philosophy of language and epistemology
* Wittgenstein and early analytic philosophy
(2) Taught courses: we run an MA in Philosophy and an MA in Aesthetics. Both comprise core seminar courses, a research skills module, an individually supervised dissertation, and a flexible programme of optional subjects taught in small groups or one-to-one.
Please note the following information about applying for funding at the University of Southampton, to start October 2012. All applications for either Research or MA courses in Philosophy are submitted to the Faculty of Humanities. Candidates make a single funding application and will be considered for all appropriate sources of funding.
Applying for funding. To find funding application forms, go to http://www.soton.ac.uk/humanities/postgraduate/money_matters.page
Then click on ‘Humanities funding form’ on the right.
The deadline for completed funding applications is 24 February 2012
Applications should be returned by email to email@example.com
Applying for a postgraduate place. This funding form is in addition to the university postgraduate application form. If you have already completed the application form, you need not do so again. If you have not yet applied, it is important to do so as soon as possible. The application form must be completed and submitted separately online, by the same deadline of 24 February 2012. You can find the online application form at http://www.southampton.ac.uk/postgraduate/pgstudy/howdoiapplypg.html
Enquiries about the process should be directed to the PG Admissions team, +44 (0) 23 8059 8062 or firstname.lastname@example.org or Professor Chris Janaway email@example.com